Monday 21 June 2010

Race for Life 2010 (19/6/10)

I was running and racing for Race for Life yesterday in Temple Newsam, Leeds. This is my first charity run, I was really excited and had lots of fun running with nearly 3,000 women. Race for Life is a UK's flagship event. This year 230 events are taking place across the UK.

Majority of the ladies dressed up in pink for the event (me too!). Some even put on fancy dresses on them, with puffy skirts, dressed up as a pink pussy cat, with pink cowgirl's hat... so cool and so awesome! Nearly forgot to mention this: no man in this event! no man at all! All husbands, brothers, fathers & boyfriends were waiting at the ending point cheering for their love ones!

I used to do long distant running when I was in school, it was 'kacang' for me! I have not been running or practicing for more than 15 years. Yesterday's 5 km marathon nearly killed me! Plus the route was uneven, with lots of slopes to run up and down, I was totally exhausted after completing the 5km run! I spent 41.46 minutes to finish the race! I am really glad and proud of myself that I still manage to finish the run after so many years without any training!


Photobucket


Photobucket
4 cute Nivea athletic guys were dancing on the stage!


Photobucket
The SOEE (School of Earth and Environment) team!


Photobucket


Photobucket
Let us do the warm up together! 1-2, 1-2!


Photobucket
Pink pink pink!!! Well done girls!


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
So many mums ran together with their daughters! This event really helps to bond a better relationship among family members and friends!


Photobucket
Did some simple warm up too! 2442, I really love this number! I love anything with 4!


Photobucket
Bye hubby! I am going to start running! Don't forget to cheer for me and wait for me at the ending point!


Photobucket
Pink bunnies!


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
A fractured arm is never an obstacles! You rock!


Photobucket
Fairy or cowgirl?


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
A pink pussy cat! Meow!


Photobucket
Tired! Tired! The pink-lady behind me must be thinking: Go away! You are blocking my way! haha...


Photobucket
Hurray I have done!! That's my record for 5km run: 41 minutes and 46 seconds!


Photobucket
Everyone looked sweaty...


Photobucket
Kissing my medal!


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
I was really hungry after the race.... how I wish that was a chocolate medal!


Photobucket
This is the man who supported me and shout 'ka-me' 'ka-me' (means hurry up in hokkien) when I was about 100meters before reaching the ending point! Thank you hubby!



No comments:

Post a Comment